Monday, March 21, 2011

My first painting

I started on February 26th with my Bob Ross Master Kit, after spending a bit of time figuring out how to set up my workspace.

This is what I came up with: an easel in the dining room, using the dining table as a space to hold my paints, brushes, thinner, etc. I also rigged a sort of bucket with a rack to dry my brushes on, instead of banging them against the easel like Bob Ross does.

I watched the Getting Started Video and then got to work with the hour long instruction. I paused it so many times. I think it took me about 4 hours to paint this one, plus a lot of time to set up and even more for cleanup. I've gotten much faster now, but on this one, I think I spent about 6 hours total. Still, it was a good first try and motivated me to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment