Thursday, March 24, 2011

Aloha!


I just love Hawaii. It's so beautiful and relaxing there. I'd almost say there's something magical about the islands. I have postcards from Maui and Kaua'i all around my desk. I was looking at them one day and started to think I could actually paint one!

So here we are. I painted this one on 11x14 and made it in two steps. I painted in the background first, let it dry for about a week, and then painted a black overlay of ground, palm trees, and hammocks. I almost felt like I was there while I painted it! I hope my love for the islands comes through in this picture.

I also got my new paintstation delivered yesterday! This is my new workspace, where I finished the painting above.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I think this is my favorite one yet. But I might be biased as I also love Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete